Thursday, September 2, 2010

DAY 4

MON AMISSSSSSSSSS.
I promise to post up some pics from my iphone...they're pretty crappy but it's better than nothing.
Today I went back to my school to get a bank form...I think they were shocked to see me again and think I am a crazy OCD student. oh well.
Since the insurance office is right down the street from school I stopped in again to pay & pick up the second insurance (I wasn't able to it yesterday because of a promotion they gave me-15euros off, I had to purchase it today), but for some reason it didn't work and I have to go back tomorrow before school (first day!!!). hmph.
After school & insurance office we took a quick bus ride to Opera (we seriously could've walked it) and then went to chinatown(? 13 ere) to exchange my USD (they didn't except one of my 100s because there was a marker/stamp around the face of Mr. Benjamin). We had lunch at a Vietnamese place known for their pho (I didn't try it, maybe next time!)
We originally planned to go to Musee Orsay, but I really wasn't in the mood to walk around! So we headed back to Opera and went to Starbucks (holy SHIIITTT expensive!!) and I got an venti iced americano...but the barista made it with like only ONE shot. UGH. I almost cried, haha (I haven't had real coffee for days). I took it back and the other barista knew right away that it was an f'd up americano....thanks...
I swear there were like 6 baristas working and still they are so slow! I applaud all the baristas back in the states, even the stupid slow ones. 
There are still so many things I am still getting used to: like having to press a button to open the train or bus door (on my first RER ride I stood staring at the door not knowing this panicking in English with all my luggage), drip coffee not being widely available, FRENCH...

One thing I can really get used to is no tax. Yay.

I really like the quietness of my neighborhood...the city seems so crazy and packed, but I'm sure I will get used to that! Also, I feel like no one smokes anymore! I was expecting to see people smoking like left and right, but I guess not! So much cleaner than I imagined.

My skin is C'EST MAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I keep breaking out in little pimples everywhere!! :( My mom tells me it's the water....maybe I'll splurge on facials or french skincare. ugh. :( :( :(

No comments:

Post a Comment