Wednesday, September 8, 2010







































I wish I had the energy (more like time...school is so time consuming and intense!) to write here everyday after school. So many odd things happen to me everyday..!
Yesterday was the metro workers strike. Apparently they do this often. My way home after school took 2 1/2 hours. I almost passed out and I have never been smooshed into a train or bus..seriously sardines in a can style. wow.

School is getting better, but sometimes it seems unfair that the students who know French get a complete explanation where as we (English speakers) get a reduced version and a majority of the time is spent trying translate the English version. Alas, all the teachers are gracious in translating, especially the special effects teacher who translates for us everyday and makes it fun! Her accent is soooo cute and we laugh off a lot of mistranslations! I know it must not be easy for her as a teacher to be corrected, but she does it with grace and a big smile! Merci!

I try to let my loneliness consume me...people don't understand why I would be sad in PARIS, but they should try and come live here not knowing any French or the culture! But I must say I have adapted extremely well for being here a week and not even having a phone! :) *pat on the back*

When I walk around in Paris I still can't believe what I'm seeing. I know I'm here alone, my friends and family aren't here...but at the same time everything seems so natural? Weird.

Anywhooooo I really should be sleeping right now! We have our first makeup "exam" tomorrow!!!!!

I cut my bangs today....by myself! My mom would freak!


No comments:

Post a Comment